Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Whirlwind!

Can I just tell you how stinkin' fast this summer is going?! First of all, my summer hit the ground running, so I waited on returning from Nashville to say that my summer "officially began." Well, things just kept happening, and true just "chill-out, relaxation time" kept getting put off even further. So, here it is, July 7, 2009, Summer is just about 1/2 way over, and already I feel like school just ended! In one respect, I'm glad I've been busy, because it's kept me active and un-bored. However, I have been go-go-go nonstop for the past 2 summers, and really thought this one would be different!! I will say that I've actually been in Greenville much more this summer than in past years, which is a major change! :) And a lot of my "go-go-go" has been related to spending time with my awesome friends here, which is definitely a plus!! :)

Anyway, here's a little bit about what I HAVE done this summer:

*I went to Nashville with my BFF Lisa for the CMA Country Music Fest, and it was AWESOME!!!!!! Will definitely go again!

*My BFF Meredith bought a HOUSE!!! I finally made it down a couple of weekends ago to see it, and it is absolutely PRECIOUS!! It suits her so well, and she has such a great eye for decorating, that it looks like it could be in a magazine!! :) She also has a new addition to her family: a bassett/beagle pup named Lulu!! She is sooo cute!! I can't wait to meet her!!

*My cousin TJ and his wife Michelle gave birth to the most precious baby, Landon Martin Power. He was born at 9:22 PM on July 1, 2009, weighing in at 6 lbs, 13 oz, and was 20 inches long! Over the weekend, I got to go down to Charleston for a couple of hours and meet him and hold him, and it was the most fantastic thing I think I did this weekend!! I am already in love with my little cousin, and I look forward to having this special little boy in my life!! Babies really are a miracle!!

*I've been getting up early (shocking, I know, right?) to go walking with my BFF Bailey!!! She is 9 months preggers with little Emrick Scott Edmonds, and we've been trying to get her labor started!!! It has certainly been a baby-filled summer...especially July....October was a very busy month! Hahaha! Anyway, Emrick has been prayed for so much, and Bailey and Jonathan definitely deserve their little Blessing from God! We cannot WAIT until he gets here!! He's due July 14, but if Bailey has anything to do with it, he'll be here before then!!

*Went down to Myrtle Beach for the 4th, and got to spend time with the Brother-In-Law and with Shay's BFFs, Mike and Brandon! We ALWAYS have a great time with those guys!!

*Been going to trivia @ The Zone in Simpsonville on Wednesday nights!! We're working our way up.....3 weeks ago, we were 5th place overall, 2 weeks ago, we were in 4th, and last week, we ended at 3rd place overall!! My only regret is that I will not be there for these next two weeks!!

*Tomorrow night, I will get some much-anticipated time with my Clinton Girls! We are going to dinner at Sassafras Southern Bistro, then going to a benefit concert at The Handlebar! Civil Twilight will be performing, and ticket proceeds go to build schools in South Africa!! :) I've never really heard of them, but my new friend Tavaras said that they are awesome, and it's for a good cause, so I'm really looking forward to it!!

That brings us up to date with what I've done so far. In lieu of getting even more long-winded than I already have been, I'll save the rest of the "up-and-coming" events for later...maybe after they've already happened!! Plus, I don't want to wish any more of my summer away!!

No comments: